Paleo Russian Salad (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, AIP)
Sweet potatoes, carrots, and beetroot paired with a vinaigrette for a crunchy Paleo Russian Salad.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 big sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes (466g)
- 3 big carrots, cut into cubes (276g)
- 2 medium beetroots, peeled (if not organic), cut into cubes (408g)
- 3 cups water, hot or at room temperature
- 1 medium red onion, thinly chopped (68g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste (Omit for AIP)
- Scallions / coriander, finely chopped finely chopped
Add water to your food steamer over high heat.
Once the water starts to boil, add the sweet potatoes, carrots, and beetroots.
Allow the veggies to cook for about 20 to 25 minutes over low heat. Make sure that they're fork tender when you open the lid.
While the veggies are cooking, mix the onions, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large glass bowl.
Once the veggies are ready, mix them with the vinaigrette.
Sprinkle some chopped scallions / coriander on top to add a pop of color to your salad.
For a different twist on this paleo Russian salad, toss in some:
- Chopped Granny Smith apples,
- Finely chopped green cabbage,
- Steamed broccoli,
- Baby greens.