Paleo Banana Cake with Raisins and Almonds (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free)
This Super Moist Banana, Raisins, and Almond Cake is per.fect if you want sweet slices of cake/bread first thing in the morning.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6 to 8 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed (Yields about 1 1/2 Cups)
- ¾ Cup Coconut Flour
- 4 Small Eggs, well beaten
- 2 Tbsp Dried Raisins, thinly sliced *See notes below
- 25 g Raw Almonds, coarsely chopped *See notes below
Muffins (6 to 7 muffins)
- 4 to 5 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed (Yields 1 Cup)
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Small Eggs, well beaten
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Dried Raisins, thinly sliced
- 30 Raw Almonds, coarsely chopped
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
Lightly brush a 3x10 inch cake pan (or muffin tray) with some olive oil or coconut butter. *See notes below
In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together the eggs.
In another medium bowl, mash the bananas using a fork.
Add the eggs, baking soda, and salt to the mashed bananas and mix them using a spatula.
Add one tablespoon of coconut flour at a time to your batter and stir until it’s well combined. Repeat until you’ve added all the coconut flour.
Fold in sliced raisins and raw almonds so that they’re evenly distributed.
Pour your batter into your greased cake pan (or muffin tray.)
Bake your cake for 45 minutes until the edges turn a beautiful golden brown. And if you're making muffins, bake them for 20 minutes.
Let your cake/muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
Slice and serve!
(1) If you’d like to have almonds and raisins in every single bite, use 50g of raw almonds (instead of 25g) and 4 Tbsp of raisins (instead of just 2).
(2) Not dairy-free? Use some grass-fed butter instead.
(3) Since the bananas and raisins sweeten up things nicely on their own, there's no need to add in honey or any other natural sweetener.
(4) The great thing about this monkey fruit? The riper it becomes, the sweeter your cake will taste.