I know, I know…
My bars don’t look like bars at all.
But I had to cut them into small pieces so my hubs wouldn’t eat them all in one go 😉.
So, you need Paleo No Bake Bars that are filled with goodness?
Ones that can be stored in the freezer and devoured the minute your sweet tooth strikes?
Well, the, these Paleo No Bake Bars with almonds, dates, and coconut, are definitely for you.
You’ve gotta love these healthy bars.
And here’s exactly why:
- They’re gluten, dairy, grain, and refined sugar free.
- No need to bake them.
- No fancy equipment is needed. If you don’t own a food processor, you can do it by hand.
- Prep them in advance for a party or bring and share.
Good to know:
- Wrap each bar tightly in parchment paper. Then, place them in a Ziplock bag. Store in the freezer up to 3 months. When you wanna grab one to eat, just allow it to thaw a bit at room temperature. However, you need to try it directly from the freezer. It’ll feel like a special treat.
- Since chopped dates are often coated with sugar and corn starch, you’ll want to avoid these. Buy whole, pitted dates instead.
- Use high quality shredded coconut for a better taste. Make sure that they’re unsweetened.
- Keep your bars refrigerated or in the freezer. Else they’ll melt because of the coconut oil and will fall apart.
- If your medjool dates are hard, let them soak in water for about 15 minutes. That way they’ll soften up and things easier for you. And then, instead of throwing away the soaking liquid, save it for your smoothies.
- Don’t have time to let your dates soak? Just send them along with your almonds in your food processor.
Paleo No Bake Bars with Almonds, Dates, and Coconut (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free)
- 16 Medjool Dates, pitted (145g)
- 3/4 Cup Raw Almonds, 84g
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, 46g
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Put all the ingredients in your food processor.
- Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the paste into a rectangular glass container. *See notes below
- Using your hand, press the paste to the bottom of the container.
- Place your container in the refrigerator for 5 hours or in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the container from the refrigerator/freezer and use a knife to cut the paste into the size that you want.