Among all the healthy Paleo Crepes recipes that you can find online, you’ll definitely want to print this one!
Why you ask?
That’s ‘cos these Paleo Crepes are gluten-free and AIP-friendly. And on top of that, they call for only 5 ingredients! That’s if you count water and salt.
1 minute. That’s all you need to prep the batter made of Arrowroot flour, Coconut flour, and Coconut oil.
Wait, there’s a bonus point.
You can transform these Paleo Crepes into pizzas!
Yep, you heard that right. All you’ve gotta do is add homemade pizza or nomato sauce, cooked chicken, and dried oregano on top of them. Et Voila! You can devour a mini pizza within minutes.
Heads up: Some coconut flours call for extra water compared to others. So, if your batter looks like a lump, add ½ tablespoon of water at a time until you get it right.
Handy tip: To maximize your time, use 2 pans to get them cooking simultaneously.
A bit hesitant to make your own homemade crepes?
Are you always telling yourself these words, “Healthy crepes are way too complicated to make + I don’t have any fancy equipment.”
Well, let me reassure you that I don’t possess any fancy kitchen tools either.
For this recipe, you only need a bowl, a pan, and a spatula to flip your crepe over. As for the ingredients, they’re readily available in stores and online. Can’t get any easier than that, can it? 😉
Paleo Crepes: that’s how you devour them!
Fill them with:
- Some of your favorite chocolate sauce for a delicious breakfast.
- Fresh fruits like blueberries and strawberries.
And if you’re more on the savory side:
- Load them with some chicken, veggies, and sweet potato.
- Spread some curry all over them.
The possibilities are truly endless.
Paleo Crepes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, AIP)
- 1½ tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil, ¼ + ¼
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until they’re well combined.
- Pour ¼ tablespoon of coconut oil in a 20 cm pan over medium heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, pour all your batter into the pan.
- With the back of a spoon, quickly spread the batter evenly around the pan.
- Let cook for 8 minutes.
- Pour the remaining ¼ tablespoon of coconut oil all over the top your crepe.
- Carefully flip over your crepe and turn the heat down.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- If you don’t spread the batter quickly enough, it will start to cook, and you’ll end up with a small, thick crepe.
- To make sure that your crepe stays thin, turn the heat down, spread your batter, and then turn the heat up again.
- For a dairy version, sub the coconut oil for some grass-fed butter.
- Want a super crispy crepe? Cook it an extra minute over high heat.
- Fancy an ‘eat in the pan’ pizza? Once you’ve flipped over your crepe, spread some homemade pizza sauce or nomato sauce over it, add some cooked chicken, and sprinkle dried oregano on top.