Who said that a Paleo Cabbage Salad needs to be bland, dull, and flavorless?
If you’ve been on the hunt for more healthy cabbage recipes, this Paleo Cabbage Salad is just for you. Unlike most of the traditional salads out there, this one uses cabbage and carrots. No plain lettuce 😉
This quick and stupid easy salad keeps well in the fridge because it contains less water. So, you can prep this in advance to bring to work or accompany it with your main course.
To make this recipe easier for you, let me walk you through the steps to shred your cabbage.
- Hold your cabbage and cut off the bottom end. Do this carefully as its bottom is quite hard. You don’t wanna cut yourself in the process.
- Place your knife on the middle part of your cabbage and cut it in half.
- Take each half, and cut it in half as well.
- Put one of the quarters perpendicular to you. Place your hand on top and start slicing as thinly as you can.
- If the shreds of cabbage are too long, simply cut them horizontally.
- And that’s it! You’re good to go 😉
Cooking tip: For a crispier salad, give your shredded cabbage a quick toss. Prefer a softer salad? Just sauté your cabbage a bit longer.
Handy tip: Prep a big batch of this Paleo Cabbage Salad in the weekend so you have a ready-to-grab healthy salad the upcoming week.
Finishing touch: Want to add some crunch to your salad? Sliced almonds and apples cut into cubes will do the job nicely.
Paleo Cabbage Salad (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, AIP)
- 1+ 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Medium Cabbage, sliced and cut into pieces
- 3 Small Carrots, cut into juliennes
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- Unrefined sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste (Omit for AIP)
- Pour 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a big wok and add all the onions.
- Once your onions become white, throw in all your sliced cabbage and give it a toss.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Push to the side of the wok.
- Add ½ Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then, add your carrots.
- While the carrots are cooking, add the salt, pepper, ginger paste, and garlic paste.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes before combining everything together.
- Serve with some steak or grilled chicken.