On the hunt for a Paleo Banana Cake that’s moist and kid approved?
How about this one?
Gluten, dairy, grain, refined sugar, and nut free. (Almonds are optional)
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s naturally sweetened with raisins and bananas.
A healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth 😉
What’s so special about this Paleo Banana Cake?
(1) It’s a pretty healthy cake.
And that’s because it only contains bananas, coconut flour, eggs, and raisins.
No added oil, honey, maple syrup or refined sugar.
(2) No fancy kitchen tools are needed.
Looking for a recipe that doesn’t call for tens of utensils?
This Paleo Banana Cake fits the bill perfectly.
A bowl, a fork, a spatula, a baking cake pan, and an oven.
5 simple tools.
That’s all you need.
(3) Transform them into muffins.
Turn your cake into little bites of yumminess.
Then, freeze them.
And get one (or more!) out whenever you need a healthy snack on the go.
Want to make yours even more special?
Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of raisins on top of your Paleo Banana Cake.
Then, send it straight to the oven.
Thanks to the heat, the raisins will become plump.
And release a sweet juice.
And make your cake taste like caramel!
Paleo Banana Cake with Raisins and Almonds (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free)
- 6 to 8 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed (Yields about 1 1/2 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 4 Small Eggs, well beaten
- 2 Tbsp Dried Raisins, thinly sliced *See notes below
- 25 g Raw Almonds, coarsely chopped *See notes below
Muffins (6 to 7 muffins)
- 4 to 5 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed (Yields 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Small Eggs, well beaten
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Dried Raisins, thinly sliced
- 30 Raw Almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Lightly brush a 3×10 inch cake pan (or muffin tray) with some olive oil or coconut butter. *See notes below
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together the eggs.
- In another medium bowl, mash the bananas using a fork.
- Add the eggs, baking soda, and salt to the mashed bananas and mix them using a spatula.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut flour at a time to your batter and stir until it’s well combined. Repeat until you’ve added all the coconut flour.
- Fold in sliced raisins and raw almonds so that they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour your batter into your greased cake pan (or muffin tray.)
- Bake your cake for 45 minutes until the edges turn a beautiful golden brown. And if you’re making muffins, bake them for 20 minutes.
- Let your cake/muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve!