Why does “eating healthy” have to equal “ as insipid as dust ”? It doesn’t. But that was the conception of one of my clients. We’ll call her Mel… [Mel’s down there 👇].
Mel: I’m a foodie. I can’t stop eating the way I do because my food needs to be delish.
Me: Don’t worry, we’ll work together to create recipes, or more nutritious variations of the recipes you like.
Mel: And then what? You want me to lose my desire to eat?
[Nope. I know you’re thinking it but I’m not exaggerating. Those were her e.x.a.c.t. words.]
Me: Nope, I don’t want you to do anything. YOU decide what you want to do. Because eating healthy isn’t just about what’s in your plate.
You see, eating healthy is also about how you feel when you’re eating i.e. as in A. 🤤 “This was pure bliss.” Or B. 🙄 “I will never eat again”. The A mindset will help improve your digestion. Mindset B will just slam the brakes on your digestive system.
And since you are what you digest, poor digestion = increased risks for autoimmunity & period problems.
So, it turns out Mel believed that the more vegetable oil you use when cooking, the tastier the food. Instead of hinting at reducing the oil she used, I suggested she used THE lip-smacking paste.📝
Tired of mincing fresh garlic and ginger each time you need to cook?
Whip out this garlic and ginger paste in advance. Having dandy jars of these pastes will save you SO much time! Plus, they’re both so easy to make!
Freeze the paste and take the jars out when needed.
Some people love combining garlic and ginger. But, keeping them in separate jars is better.
Because not all recipes call for both garlic paste and ginger paste.
Good to know:
1. Getting minced garlic and ginger from the supermarket is tempting. But unfortunately, they often contain unhealthy oils. And they don’t taste fresh. On top of that, you’ll find that their flavor is kinda muted.
2. Some people love to preserve their Garlic and Ginger Paste with extra virgin olive oil. However, at my place, we’ve always been fine without it. Whatever floats your boat 😊
3. Don’t worry about using an exact number of garlic cloves or ginger. Just blend your garlic and ginger with the proper amount of water. And it’ll turn out just fine.
4. Keep only one jar of each paste in your fridge. Freeze the other ones to preserve them.
5. They can stay up to 2 months in the fridge. And up to 1 year in the freezer. Just make sure to store your pastes in airtight jars.